| "Oh dear, this is quite embarrassing... I really wish you were here to help me, Hick."
This page is a stub that needs help in expanding, editing, and proofreading.
|“||You, who is the Contractor of the Guiding Artifact... and who is also an Akoom. Upon receiving the name, "Dark", it has become my duty to protect you.||”|
–Dark to Hick
Dark (다크, Dakeu) is one of the characters of the series Abide in the Wind. He is an Akoom Contractor who possesses the named Dragon Artifact, the Bow of Rahutanoks. Dark serves under Prince Reihart as his spy in exchange of removing the Akoom slave system and is currently under orders to observe Reana's and Kairak's movements since their arrival to the Forest of Blue Mirage Beasts.
Dark is a mysterious, brooding, solemn, and a melancholic figure.
Although brooding, he is serious and loyal about his duty as protector of Akooms. He weeps whenever an Akoom loses their "Light".
He is a tall and slender male Akoom with a melancholic expression. He has short black hair mostly slicked back, brown skin, and black eyes.
Not much is known about Dark. Background information on his character was recently released in Season 2.
Season 1 Episode 1: RiyenasEdit
Prince Reihart summons Dark and orders him to follow the unknown light. The prince also secretly tells him to follow and observe a girl with light brown hair and blue eyes who was also with the light. Dark then disappears and starts to track down his targets.
Season 1 Episode 2: Forest of Blue Mirage BeastsEdit
Season 1 Episode 3: Labyrinth of TerreEdit
Season 1 Episode 4: TaturangEdit
Season 1 Episode 5: Hollan - FestivalEdit
Season 1 Episode 6: Hollan - CollapseEdit
Season 2 Episode 7: DortonEdit
Season 2 Episode: DarkEdit
Season 2 Episode 8: Yusladipol HarborEdit
Season 2 Episode 9: Great PlainsEdit
Season 2 Episode 10: End of the WorldEdit
Bow of Rahutanoks (라흐타녹스의 활, Raheutanokseuui Hwal): The Bow was given to Dark after he was found by Luna and Via in an underground cavern.
- When Dark shoots at his intended target, the arrows created by the Bow sends it to an unknown space upon contact.
- Teleportation: Dark can teleport to different locations in a short amount of time.
Although one-sided, Lupenin distrusts him as he may betray the prince.
Dark saves him from an Uduk that was about to consume him. He also takes out the Mirage Beast poison inside of Hick to have him moving again.
Dark serves under Prince Reihart due to an agreement of abolishing the Akoom Slavery Act once he becomes king. Reihart tasks Dark to watch over Reana and her company and to report her every move.
He is under orders by the prince to secretly watch over Reana. Dark observes her behaviors far enough for neither Kairak nor Karin to sense him. When Reana was having trouble fighting the guardians in the Labryinth, he secretly gives her advice in defeating one.
|Warning: This tab contain spoilers from the Korean Version of Abide in the Wind|
He saves Ralton from confinement because of his deeds. When Dark tries to leave in a hurry, Ralton asks him one more favor of sending him to meet with Prince Reihart in Dorton.
- Shin Weol (creator of AitW) created his name from the English word of darkness.
- He is the first known Akoom to be a free slave.
- He made a deal with Reihart where he spies for him in return for abolishing the Akoom Slavery Act when Reihart becomes king.
- Words that describe him would be: patience, obsession, rationality, and order.
- (To Reihart) "I...am following your orders because you said that you would abolish the slave system in this kingdom."
- (To Janna) "We Akoom do not think that way. You cannot jump to that kind of rationalism, using the Dragon's power for your own benefit...You've become humanized."
- (To Janna) "Because you've lost your 'Light', I no longer have a place or right to care for you."